Thursday, September 19, 2013

Respecting Stride Regulators in Flyball




So the stride regulators I used for teaching Baer 3 strides from the box. A (very smart dog trainer) friend gave me this idea- basically teaching Baer to respect the regulators. As you can see, she does her striding in the first two sessions, then the third & fourth she leaps over the last stride- and when I do not reward this behavior, she goes back to taking that last stride.

Now what I'm going to do next is add another stride in- and we'll go from there. I want to practice this every other day, and really ingrain it into her memory. We will see how it goes :)


1 comment:

  1. Nice. I see a lot of people just tossing stride regulators in during full runs without actually teaching the dogs what they mean. Some dogs naturally do fine with it, but some really need a lesson like this about how to respect the regulators.

    ReplyDelete