Thursday, November 7, 2013



So to address Baer's start line problem, I've been using a prop for her to aim to stride over, putting her feet on the floor right at the point of the start/finish line.

I started with the prop being 5 feet from the start/finish line- realizing she was still taking off way too early, I moved it to 4 feet- then 3 feet. In Baer's last session, at 3 feet, she does a smooth run without any leaping.

Then for Flash, I just focused on introducing the concept of a start/finish line to him. I want all aspects of a tournament setting to be completely familiar to him- that way he is less fazed when it is time for him to start competing. At least, that's the idea. I'd also like to know if he's going to start leaping at the start line too, which he did not do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment