Sunday, May 26, 2013

Had a very, very busy weekend so far :) It's been really fun!

Saturday morning, we went to Tolland, CT for an agility trial that Flash's breeder was at- he got to see his daddy, and we got to hang out with our wonderful breeder! It was a lot of fun. I didn't bring Baer because I wanted to focus on distraction training with Flash at the trial, and he did SO well. He also got to meet some new dogs and he did really well, I'm proud of him.

This morning I took the dogs to the agility ring at Diamond Creek to play around with Em & Yuna, got to work on entering weave poles and sequencing, and then with Flash I did restrained recalls and this new exercise I learned about where you are tugging with the dog- then you drop the tug and run away from the dog while maintaining eye contact. Both of my dogs held the tug and chased me, and I could tell they really had fun with it. (It is supposed to reinforce their drive to you when they have something in their mouth!)

And then this evening we went on a leisurely walk (I was going to go for a jog with Boo but Byron wanted to come to we brought the little man too). We didn't take too long of a walk (about a mile, puppies have soft joints and cannot walk on a leash for too long), and Flash got to meet a shih-tzu on the trail. But now we're home and everyone is passed out & happy. I'm going to check out some training DVD's I got from my breeder, and play the Sims  (for the mere fact that I cannot renew my Netflix subscription yet until later this week, otherwise I'd be in an Arrested Development marathon as we speak!)

I have to get to crackin' on my Flyball seminar notes & my Raw Feeding seminar notes. I'm excited to start teaching the things I know & love, but very, very nervous at the same time too. I'm diving in with both feet first- the only way I can truly fail, is if I do not try at all!

And now what you really wanted to see, the pics :)

Flash & daddy Trumpet! 



My 13 week old boy! Growin' up!

Baer: "Can I eat it yetttt pleaaaaase"

Byron & Flash bonding at the agility trial :)

This is Frisco, Flash's half brother! 

Rrrready for a walk, Boo?!



No comments:

Post a Comment