Thursday, October 10, 2013

Box Turns on Slant Board



We finally got the slant board working! Now in this video, I'm making some crucial errors- I'm throwing the tug out & over his head, keeping his head high. I need to bring the tug straight down once he is in mid air, leaping on the board- this will keep his head down & straight. But I'm so, so happy we're on the slant board now :D

Tried to get Baer on it, she was doing box turns off the wall above the board. I'll have to figure that one out.

So, I'm the type of person who goes over. Way, way overboard. Especially when it comes to my dog sports. I will practice daily for hours on end if you let me- so naturally, I'm having a hard time pacing myself in Flyball. Baer's 3 strides have been looking better & better (I'm not asking for much, I hope) and I'm thinking of doing an every other day rotation of flyball & agility. I think it'll keep our training from getting boring or repetitive, and it'll work different muscles on the dogs versus just doing box turns & power jumping every single day.

Today is Agility day, so we're going to do some fun exercises (which I hope to record if I'm not short on time).

I need to get back to doing more Agility anyway.

We had the option to move Baer out of Advanced Beginner level, and into Intermediate- and I decided not to. I'm going to hold her back for one more session. Sorry to say but she just does not have the foundations down yet- Which I need to get back to. We were doing weaves last night, and a dog who can, by herself, zoom through 12 no problem, could only get through six before turning into me and barking. Wtf? So more grinding on weaves and teeter & dog walk. At least she's getting the 2 on, 2 off contact. FINALLY. After months of work. But I love her :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't watch your videos (current internet connection isn't fast enough) but it sounds like you are making good progress. Do you have space to practice at home, or do you have a training facility that you have access to for practicing daily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I train daily at my work, we have agility equipment & my boss is amazing and purchased a flyball box & set of jumps. A friend also donated some flyball jumps to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interested to learn how you've graduated to teach the send to the box, Thank you

    ReplyDelete