Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Books I am reading right now-




Books I am reading right now-

"I'll Be Home Soon! How to Prevent and Treat Separation Anxiety" Patricia B. McConnell

"Jumping From A-Z" M. Christine Zink & Julie Daniels
"K9 Kitchen: Your Dog's Diet: The Truth Behind the Hype" Segal


I'm so grateful my work has all of these wonderful books for me to borrow and read. And read I do! The Jumping book seems like a really good conditioning book, perfect for agility and flyball. 

Since there's such a huge break for us for flyball (no tournaments until March!), learning agility seems like something fun for us to do in the meantime. I'm positive we will move onto the next level class once we finish this beginner class as well. I wouldn't mind competing in Agility trials. But nothing can take away my love (ie obsession) of flyball ;)





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been wanting to read Jumping From A to Z. When I went to order it online, it was sold out on Amazon. I have one of Dr. Zink's other books, and it is excellent. Please share any gems you find while reading it!

    The K9 Kitchen one looks interesting, but there are just so many soap box points about dog food and appropriate dog diet that I try to stay out of the whole thing. I know what works for my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hear you on that. I'm just trying to read about raw and nutrition as much as I can, to try and make sense of it... but I take it all with a grain of salt. I see a lot of contradictory information, it leaves me scratching my head but if I can find some new information then it was worth it.

    And this Jumping A-Z book is SO worth it. You should buy it when you get the chance- I found a section on flyball in it and it gives some good ideas. It's a little outdated (1994) but it's better than nothing! (:

    ReplyDelete